Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hip-Hap-Hooray

Okay so what's new... Parents have been away over xmas, but they're back now. But they're off down south to stay at a friends holiday house till friday or saturday. Oh you crazy old party people!

I've converted my old desktop PC into a HTPC for the living room. This has been a right mission and a half - attempting to install vista I discovered that my DVD drive was actually dead. So that was another trip to shops to buy a new dvd drive (original trip was to get leadtek dtv1000s tuner card and a 1TB hd). Installing vista I discovered that even though it could see my raid array (2x200gb), it couldn't install onto them without the latest drivers. Happily, you can use a usb thumbdrive to transfer drivers - no more floppy disks! yay! Okay then what... Just the epic mission of setting everything up. I spent an entire evening looking for drivers for a no-name/generic cheap wireless dongle I'm using on it, though Vista won't remember network connections :\ I spent about a day trying to get hibernate to work (which it now does! yay! Mainly thanks to this!). I think that's about where I'm up to... still working on perfection. Boot/resume times are a bit long :\

Finished World of Goo, quite good.

Went to a 'tribal' themed party dressed up as Indiana Jones, it went down fairly well and I think looked pretty good for 15 minutes preparation.

No comments: